We have travelled extensively looking for Tearle memorials and meeting Tearle families. This site celebrates those occasions and tells the stories of memorable events and individual families in the developing history of our world-wide family. There is also a large amount of information on all things Tearle from around the world, and as far back as 1443.
The information on this site could not have been gathered and presented without the invaluable assistance of Richard Tearle, Barbara Tearle, Pat Field, Rosemary Tearle and a small army of contributors.
To them all, my thanks.
These are links to trusted sites that we visit often.
- Our daughter’s beautiful photos site.
- And her healthy living site – lots of yummy recipies, and ways to keep healthy.
- Yahoo website for Tearle
- This is the Commonwealth War Graves Commission site, where are recorded the graves of all British and Commonwealth war dead, throughout the world.
- Roll of Honour
- All about Wing, Buckinghamshire
- For background information on Bedfordshire’s history see this beautiful and scholarly site: Bedfordshire Historical Record Society
- A very informative part of the Bedfordshire.gov.uk site is the Bedfordshire Community Archives. This part of the archive is all about Stanbridge
- We have told the stories of Tearles who fought in the military, and on occasion we have mentioned their injuries and the effect that combat has had on their mental health. In today’s world, modern military personnel also suffer life-changing issues. Rehab Recovery offers resources for veterans affected by addiction and mental health issues. You are welcome to contact them using this link.
We hope you enjoy looking around tearle.org.uk
Please do feel free to contact us :-
Ewart and Elaine Tearle
This website was designed and built by Genevieve Tearle, who also maintains its structure.